Monday, April 30, 2007

Week7 / Text skill - My break

I went to Rotorua and Taupo with 5 of my friends around the 10th of April in 2007.

I have never forgotten Rotorua. On the first day, the weather was quite good.When we arrived at our accommodation in Rotorua, we started to unpack and then went straight out for skydiving, because all of my friends wanted to try skydiving. However, until I arrived at the skydiving center, I hesitated about whether I should skydive or not. I was really afraid of it, like you! (or not).

Unfortunately, all of my friends started pushing me to try it. They told me not to worry that it quite safe and it had to be really cool. I found out that it was really true. I wore a safety suit and a safety device which made me look like an astronaut. After that I got into a helicopter with a professional skydiver, because I had never used a parachute before and as you can see, I was a beginner. The professional skydiver used some equipment fasten to the back of my safety suit really closely. So soon, I was high in the sky and I could hear “one, two, three” First when I had just fallen out of the helicopter, it was quite scary, but after that, I am sure, you can not imagine how wonderful it was if you don’t have any experience in skydiving. Especially at that time was nearly sunset and there ware not too many clouds so I can say it was really gorgeous. I remember one thing which is at that time I could see that the earth is really round.

This is my holiday story. If you have any chance to try skydiving, do not hesitate, just try. It gives you really good memories.

No comments: